Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kindergarten....

This was a big week for Mr. Haiden, who started kindergarten.
He dressed himself, and I was impressed with his choice. I was expecting the frog boots and a weird mismatch of Transformers shirt/camo shorts/Harley Davidson hat that no longer fits. I think he did a pretty good job this time though.

Despite acting like it was no big deal the night before, he was up at 5:00 a.m. asking if it was time to go to school yet. Every day this week thus far he has woken up at least an hour earlier than normal asking if it's time to go yet, so I guess he's liking it.

Today was day #3, and he already knew the names of the kids in his class and had a few new songs memorized and expected me to know them as well. "Mom, I know their names because I read their nametags, and I know the songs because I sang them with Jim....DUH." Oh, well excuse me. I guess I will start reading up on name tags as well.

He has made some new friends, including a boy who eats folders (I witnessed this, so I know it is true), a boy with a mohawk and red paint in his hair, and a boy who can burp his name (again, witnessed this one unfortunately). I can see that his newest pursuit of making people say "underwear" will undoubtedly go over well with this crowd.

No comments: