Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween week

I just realized that I have not had one single day off of work since April of this year. Not even a weekend day! And that's not the even "mom" job either, which is pretty much a 24/7 job with no days off since July 28, 2003.

Anyways, that was just an observation I made as I was looking at my calendar.

The kids are very revved up over Halloween being this week. Haiden has been asking me every day since October 1 when Halloween will be. They are very, very excited. I think even more excited over this than Christmas, seeing as candy is a guarantee with this holiday. We went shopping for costumes this weekend. Hannah had been set on wanting to be a bee "with wings so I can fly" and Haiden wanted to be Bumblebee from the Transformers, so I thought it would be funny that they'd both be bees, but then the bumblebee costumes we found didn't have wings (what kind of bee does not have wings??) and Hannah was supremely disappointed until we found a PINK Triceratops costume with a tail and she was very happy about that. First words out of her mouth was "I'm going to stomp on you!" I let the kids put their costumes on yesterday to try them on and she stomped her feet around the house and Haiden "buzzed" around or whatever Bumblebee does.

So there's the weekend in a nutshell. I was told I was mean yesterday because I didn't make Haiden peanut butter and jelly for dinner. Hannah told me I was "a loser" because I wouldn't play a certain song for her (for the millionth time)...the kids are just loving me lately. Both of them have colds and have been a little run-down the past few days, so it's been a not-so-fun week. I'm sure once I'm in charge of doling out the Halloween candy, I'll be in their favor again. Or at least until they get some candy out of me.

No comments: