Friday, October 17, 2008

Kindergarten luv

Dinner conversation tonight:

Haiden: Mom, Almarco has a girlfriend.
Me: Oh really? How do you know this, did he tell you that?
Haiden: No, I just know.
Me: And how exactly did you come to know this?
Haiden: He talked to a girl on the playground.
Me: And this means she is his girlfriend...do you mean she's a friend who happens to be a girl?
Haiden: (giving me the look the means I am dumber than anything on the planet) NO, she's his girlfriend, but he shouldn't be talking to them because all they want to do is play girl things.
Me: Do you talk to girls at school?
Haiden: NO WAY, only if Jim makes me, and only the grown-up girls (he means the 4th/5th graders in his class). I hate playing girl things. They might want me to wear makeup and purple underwear.
Me: Hmmmmm.....interesting.

Ha ha ha. I can't believe it starts this early.

No comments: