Saturday, November 8, 2008

Well...I had been wanting to lose some weight, but not exactly in this manner....8 pounds total in less than 2 days thanks to a lovely stomach illness that hit me this week. The sucky thing of all is that as soon as solid food hits my stomach, it will all come back on. Rats. Now, I just have my fingers crossed that the kids do not get it! If they make it through the weekend without coming down with it, I will consider us very, very lucky!

Other than that, not much going on. Election week...pretty exciting for me actually. I was happy with the outcome and am looking forward to seeing what it brings.

Daylight savings time hit this past week and really stinks. I really hate how it gets dark at 5 now. Especially since this past week we had wonderful weather and had to head inside before we had much of a chance to enjoy the afternoon! I can't believe how tired it makes me in the evenings, but the good thing about it is that Hannah has been going to bed earlier this week. The downside other than feeling tired at 4 p.m. is that everyone gets up too early now that gets light earlier in the morning! I guess that going to bed earlier doesn't make much difference since I end up going to bed the same time still, but end up getting up about an hour earlier every morning, which does not make me a very happy camper. 5:30/6 a.m. does not agree with me after falling asleep around 3 a.m.!!!

1 comment:

Katie, Kevin and kids said...

ACK! I hope you are feeling back to 100% soon. Do you think you have that gross thing that Hope College has? I am not taking my babe out ANYwhere in Holland until we are sure it is past!