Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas rundown





Just a quick catch up of the past two week...

Man, have things been busy here and more crazy that I had hoped for our 2 weeks of vacation! But to spare the boring details of each and every day, I'll just say we had a good Christmas, but I'm happy it's over. I put the tree and decorations away the Sunday after the holiday, and that felt GOOD!

The Saturday before Christmas, we celebrated with my dad's side of the family at my parent's house. This is a pretty good-sized get-together, and it's always nice to see my aunts, uncles, cousins, who I really only get to see maybe once or twice a year, sometimes more if someone gets married or something like that, so it's nice to see them and catch up on what everyone is doing. The kids had fun, got lots of toys from great-grandma and great-grandpa, we had good food, a nice visit.

Christmas Eve, we headed over to my parent's house for a get-together with my immediate family (brother, sister, parents, Jeremy/me/kids). The kids were spoiled and showered with presents as always...way too much in my opinion, but they were sure happy! Hannah has been wanting a pet kitty for as long as she has been able to say "kitty," and was absolutely thrilled with her robot kitty that purrs, meows, moves, blinks, etc. When asked what the kitties name was, her original name was "white kitty that meows." The dogs are terrified of that thing.

Christmas day, we stayed home. The kids were SO excited to see all the presents under the tree and had a great time opening them. Haiden was thrilled with all of his science things, which included a microscope, science kit, triops kit, anatomy doll with "real" body parts, and a few more things that I can't even remember now. Note: HE asked for all of these things, we are not trying to make a science nerd here! Hannah was very happy with her Hello Kitty things, especially the socks that she has been wanting to wear pretty much every day.

The Saturday after Christmas, we had Jeremy's family over for our last get-together. We all chipped in for pizza and everyone brought appetizers/desserts...which worked out really well.

I am so happy this holiday season is over and am ready for things to get back to normal. No big plans for the rest of the vacation, hopefully will just get to chill a bit and clean up around here.

No comments: