Thursday, February 5, 2009

More about me you probably didn't want to know...the story of Haiden and Hannah...

Yeah, don't ask me why Haiden's picture turned out so teeny tiny. I don't know how to fix it!

Another "about me" type of thing, but this one is about your kids. My friend did it about her firstborn, but seeing as she only has 1, that makes sense. But...I have 2 and it didn't seem fair to leave #2 out! So I tweaked it a little bit. Nobody will ever accuse me of having a favorite now...although at the moment I am definitely leaning toward one of them....
1. WERE YOUR PREGANCIES PLANNED?
Yes and no. If that constitutes as an answer. We had tried for almost 3 years to get pregnant with Haiden. We were just about to start treatments, and that month I got pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about 3 months along.
With Hannah, I went off my birth control pills and 2 weeks later was pregnant. Planned, yes, but was not thinking it would happen that quickly.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION?
With Haiden, I think it was more disbelief than anything else. The fact that we had just been told by an "expert" that there was no way I'd get pregnant without medical help didn't help the disbelief any. I think I took about 5 pregnancy tests to make sure, then had to have it confirmed by a blood test before I would actually believe it. I still had trouble believing it until I had an ultrasound...at 5 months!
With Hannah, I felt kind of sick, then excited. I remember taking the pregnancy test, had no reason to think I was pregnant other than a "feeling", and it came out +. My neighbor came over right as I had found out and I told her before I even told Jeremy! I was in shock.
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 25 when I had Haiden, 28 when I had Hannah.
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
At-home pregnancy tests. Those suckers are expensive, as we found out when trying to get pregnant with Haiden!
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
With Haiden, I told Jeremy first. With Hannah, I told my neighbor/friend, and then Haiden, and THEN Jeremy!
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes! I hate surprises and wanted to be able to get ready.
8. DUE DATE?
Haiden: August 21, 2003.
Hannah: April 9, 2006.
9. BIRTH DATE?
Haiden: July 28, 2003.
Hannah: April 5, 2006.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Not with Haiden other than a huge, huge aversion to meat.
Hannah...sick the entire 9 months pretty much. Same aversion to meat. And pretty much everything else....
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
No cravings.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Nothing? At least no more than normal, I guess. I actually felt better mood-wise when pregnant. 13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No. Jeremy really, really, really wanted a girl the first time around. When we found out we were having a boy, it was fine though. He was very happy when we had Hannah; he really wanted a girl! I didn't really care.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Haiden: 19 pounds.
Hannah: 18 pounds.
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
I had 2 when I had Haiden and work threw me one as well. My aunt had one for me when I was pregnant with Hannah too.
16. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No complications with Haiden other than at the end, when I had pre-ecclampsia. When that hit, it was pretty bad. Had an emergency C-section; had complications; I won't go into it too much because the actual events are a little fuzzy even to me.
Hannah: I was just sick a lot, couldn't go to the grocery store, threw up all the time. C-section was planned with her, but still had some problems with the anesthesia during it. Otherwise, nothing traumatic this time around!
17. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Holland Hospital, Holland, MI. GREAT place to have a baby, by the way!
18. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Zero? I guess? Never in labor with Hannah. With Haiden, they tried to induce, but it wasn't working. I did have contractions for a few hours, about 30 seconds apart, but nothing happened. So I guess that doesn't constitute labor?
19. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Jeremy. With Haiden, I had to call him and tell him to get home from work immediately because the doctor wanted me in the hospital ASAP. Hannah was planned.
20. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Jeremy...a team of doctors.
21. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
C-sections for both.
22. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Epidural for Haiden before I went in for C-section. Still ended up having to be knocked out though.
Hannah: Spinal anesthesia.
23. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
Haiden: 5 pounds, 1 ounce. 18-1/2 inches.
Hannah: 6 pounds, 1 ounce. 19-1/2 inches.
Notice the two were exactly 1 pound and 1 inch different?
24. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Well...it's pretty obvious from above, but Haiden Christopher Westfield and Hannah Elizabeth Westfield.
Haiden's name was going to be Hannah had he been a girl. When we found out Hannah was a girl, we said to Haiden, "what should we name your little sister?" and he said "Hannah." We thought it was so weird that 1) He came up with that name on his own, never hearing us talk about that before, and 2) The he even knew that name...it's not like we knew anyone with that name. So...Hannah it was. Elizabeth is Jeremy's grandma's middle name and we wanted to use that in her honor. Both of the kids have long names...good thing they don't have to write them out every day!

No comments: