Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lots to say, no pictures, no time!

I haven't updated in over a month now, but haven't had much time lately! Plus, our computer went down and I've been using my bro's laptop and didn't want to junk it up with all of my pictures and programs, so I've been a bit behind on all of my extras.

This being the week of Christmas, I, of course, came down with the flu last Sunday and the fever and body aches lasted the entire week and the fever didn't let up until Thursday morning. Therefore, I was running around sicker than a dog in the biggest crowds ever, trying to wrap up my shopping. I did finish it up though, and thank goodness I had the sense this year to start early and not wait until the week of for all of my shopping!

Despite this being the worst financial year ever for us, thanks to Jeremy being unemployed and one disaster after another occurring, the kids still managed to make out like bandits since I started my shopping way back in September and had plenty of time to stock up. I don't think they even knew what to think of all the gifts, since this is the first year we have really went all out for them. Not to mention the family members going nuts on them too!

I'll post more on Christmas when I have some pics.

So this next week, I will have to work my normal hours and all that jazz, but am still looking forward to cleaning the house up really good, getting all the Christmas crap put away for another year, and organizing the kids' toys. I would love to come up with some sort of a cubby-type organizer for all of their small toys instead of all the plastic containers and toy boxes we have currently in place. I am going to see about employing my genius inventor of a hubby to create one!

Also in the works this week will be helping Haiden with his first ever school presentation/project on robots. That should be interesting. Robots are not my forte.

Corny-sounding, I'm sure, we will also be setting goals for the upcoming year. I don't believe in resolutions--those are too hard to break--so I prefer to set goals to be met over the year. This is the first year I am going to force Jeremy to join in as well in the goal-setting fun.

That's about all my brain can handle for now...more later when I have pics loaded in and ready to go!

No comments: