Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A week of firsts...

Well...this has been a week of firsts! Allow me to share a few with ya.

1. I said no to donut #2 on donut day (will explain what donut day is someday, but will leave it at that for now).

2. I bought a scarf from Old Navy to go with my Old Navy coat and Old Navy fleece zip up thinger majobber. If you knew how much I have hate that store, you would know this was a big deal. And if you knew how much I feel like barfing or rolling my eyes whenever I see what I call the "scarf clones," you would know what a big deal it was for me to buy one from there, let alone anywhere...and actually wear it.

3. I bought a cell phone. My first. Really! If you know me, you know I have a huge thing against cell phones. I mean, we lived without them forever and I don't get WHY everyone thinks they need one now when we were perfectly fine for, what, 2000 years? Plus the fact that almost every day I nearly get killed while driving by some a-hole soccer mom/dad or some old lady texting on her Jitterbug while driving does not help things at all. And it's a HUGE peeve of mine to be at the park with the kids and see these poor kids playing and begging for mommy's attention while she is glued to her damn phone. Oh, I could keep going on and on, so I'll stop here.
Anyways, the point is, I bought one. A purdy fancy one, I might add.

4. I drove by Starbucks not just once, but several times WITHOUT STOPPING. I need to stop spending money at that place. I am very proud of myself for resisting it after being tempted that many times in one day.

No comments: